Governments and companies have been setting ambitious CO2 reduction targets around the world, and global industry players are shifting to low-carbon energy systems. All levels of government are leading the way by setting the pace with large renewable procurement programs that are driving the industry forward.
Wind, solar, geothermal, biomass: there exist many renewable energy solutions, especially as proven technologies become more and more affordable. Hydropower also remains a clean, long-term, low-cost energy solution, with a true competitive advantage when it comes to integrating more intermittent energy sources. The rise of microgrids is also accelerating the penetration of hybrid systems towards an optimal energy mix.
Your challenges are complex…
Whether you’re looking to upgrade your infrastructures or make the transition to renewable energy, reliability, sustainability, and using efficient solutions are important factors in your long-term success. Controlling construction and operating costs is also an issue that must remain top-of-mind.
- Identifying the most profitable scenarios
- Controlling development and construction costs
- Maintaining system reliability while integrating greener technology
- Reducing your operating costs
- Optimizing asset performance
Our team can help!
Our team of industry-recognized, hands-on experts has participated in an impressive number of renewable energy projects both in Canada and abroad.
FIELDS OF EXPERTISE
- Resource assessments (hydraulic, wind and solar)
- Hydraulic structures (dams, penstocks, intake and control)
- Energy storage systems
- Interconnection studies
- Turbine-generator refurbishment and capacity upgrade
- Off-grid hybrid systems
- Technology selection
- Wind and solar
- Asset management
- Detailed engineering of a storage solution for an Alberta wind farm
- Design of a solar power farm north of Whitehorse
- Integration of wind power generation and storage to the Raglan mine power system
- Integrating solar energy to a mine in Burkina Faso
- Design of the Tretheway Creek Run-of-River Power Plant
START A PROJECT WITH BBA
Across the country, our experts can
help you tackle your greatest challenges.