Power Systems Studies
A reliable and efficient power supply system is the foundation that ensures a company’s operational health, no matter the sector in which it operates. Standards are getting tougher and complying with them requires rigorous studies conducted by experts in the field.
More and more, companies are choosing to rely on specialized power systems studies to comply with applicable standards, as well as increase system performance and employee safety.
Your challenges are complex…
Losses caused by power supply interruptions are expensive. That’s why it’s key that your power systems function properly to ensure operational reliability, whether you’re a power producer, carrier or consumer. This remains true, whether you’re building new facilities or optimizing existing ones.
In electrical engineering, companies face multiple risks that affect all aspects of their operations. Using specialized power systems studies can prevent or resolve operating issues, electromagnetic incompatibility and equipment breakdown. Some of these studies are required to verify system compliance with applicable standards and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure operational continuity
- Comply with applicable standards and regulatory requirements (IEC, NERC, WECC)
- Ensure employee safety
- Manage risks
- Identify causes of breakdowns or failures
- Increase the return on your investment
Our team can help!
BBA stands out thanks to its comprehensive range of power system studies, particularly in arc flash risk analyses, and its in-depth knowledge of applicable standards and regulatory requirements. These studies cover technical and safety standards, compliance standards and requirements, standards for major utilities, and insurer requirements. Based on the information we glean, we can help you manage costs and invest in the most reliable equipment.
The data provided by our studies is verified onsite by our experts and measured using state-of-the-art equipment. This process ensures the accuracy of the data and concepts, which are always perfectly tailored to your current situation.
Using the industry’s most advanced software and tools, the technological solutions we propose to optimize the design and operation of new or existing electrical facilities are based on a wealth of practical experience.
- Power system planning, monitoring and analysis
- Prefeasibility and techno-economic feasibility studies
- Preliminary studies
- Risk management and specialized investigations
- Site data validation
- Equipment integration studies
- Facility modernization and upgrading program
- Standards compliance studies
- Technical audits
FIELDS OF EXPERTISE
- Arc flash hazard analyses
- Harmonics and filters (impedance locus method)
- Grounding and bonding
- Protection coordination
- Power quality and mitigation measures
- Transient phenomena studies
- Power factor correction
- Motor starting
- Electromagnetic interference and emissions
- System stability and power flow
- ANSI/IEEE, IEC, NERC, WECC, CSA Z462 standards
- AC interference from power lines on neighbouring structures
- Should Liquid Rheostat Drives be Considered Obsolete?
- IEEE 1584-2018 Guide for Performing Arc-Flash Hazard Calculations – Comparative Analysis with IEEE 1584-2002
- NERC Regulatory Compliance Program: Where to Start?
- The Benefits of Witnessing Electrical Factory Acceptance Tests (FATs)
- Everything You Need to Know About Arc-Flash Hazard Analyses
START A PROJECT WITH BBA
Across the country, our experts can
help you tackle your greatest challenges.