In Canada—as in any northern country—many industrial companies carry out a significant number of their projects in hard-to-reach locations and harsh weather conditions. This is coupled with the constant pressure to tighten construction schedules and reduce overall costs of ever-growing projects.
Designing structures that will stand the test of time in such complex environments while meeting tight deadlines and budgets is no easy feat.
Your challenges are complex…
Your projects include significant design constraints and must be carried out quickly; the profitability of your projects and your company is at stake.
Your structures and buildings are important assets that must endure for your initial investment to pay off. They often house, support and protect equipment that is essential to your operations. However, they are constantly subject to a variety of risks that, if not considered at the design stage, can cause the structure and the equipment in it to deteriorate more rapidly. This can be a threat to worker safety: seismic hazards, arid climate, widely varying temperatures, equipment vibration, use of and exposure to corrosive substances and much more.
- Reduce the costs and construction time of your structures
- Extend the lifespan of your structures
- Provide employees with a safe and healthy work environment
- Facilitate the maintenance of your facilities
- Optimize your facilities’ operations
- Increase your plant production capacity (expansion)
- Comply with applicable standards and requirements
- Modernize your infrastructure and make the transition to Industry 4.0
Our team can help!
BBA’s experts are recognized for finding innovative design and construction solutions in the most complex and inhospitable environments. They will help you choose the appropriate construction methods and materials based on the location of your plant, soil composition and climate conditions, not to mention our expertise in vibration control, which will maximize the lifespan of your facilities and protect your workers.
Every day, BBA’s experts strive to find solutions to meet one of your most important objectives: optimizing the value of your investment based on the projected life of the plant. Their precise front-end engineering will help you reduce the number of questions from the site, saving you time and money.
- Rapid response to onsite structural challenges
- Industrial foundations and structures designed with concrete or steel that account for dynamic load effects
- Drone inspections, 3D scanning and analysis of existing structures
- Reinforcement, refurbishment and rehabilitation of existing structures
- Structural safety and compliance certification
- Load testing and lifting beam certification
- Modular construction; transport and lifting analysis
- Independent audits for CAPEX studies
- Efficient front-end engineering integrated with other disciplines
FIELDS OF EXPERTISE
- In-Plant engineering and support during operations
- Assistance during construction
- Designing new steel and concrete facilities
- Existing structure inspection and analysis
- Structure reinforcement and rehabilitation work
- Seismic updates
- Pile design
- Finite element analysis of complex structures
- Dynamic analysis for vibrating equipment support
- Explosion resistance in structures
- Modular construction
START A PROJECT WITH BBA
Across the country, our experts can
help you tackle your greatest challenges.