Power Systems Design
Power system reliability and performance requirements are getting tougher. It’s a constant challenge to identify system configurations and equipment combinations that meet the latest standards and requirements proposed in studies.
More and more businesses are also turning to digital technologies to make their processes smarter and to extend the life of their equipment. Power systems are not immune to this trend, as evidenced by the wide range of technological solutions on the market.
Your challenges are complex…
Whether you’re a power producer, carrier or consumer, you’re looking to depend on a reliable power system that can ensure operational continuity and worker safety. Your system must also comply with the high standards put in place by public utilities and standardization bodies.
When it’s time to integrate new equipment into your current infrastructure or a new facility, you must ensure its compatibility with existing electrical facilities to prevent system failures and disruptions.
- Establish a reliable and robust system designed in accordance with your processes and your facility’s specifications
- Comply with applicable standards and requirements
- Incorporate new technological solutions at the right time
- Manage risks and ensure worker safety
Our team can help!
The experts at BBA have carried out hundreds of electrical projects, from studies and design to commissioning. We can help you select the best technology for your needs so you can get the most out of your investment.
Using the most advanced software and tools available, the technological solutions we offer are supported by a wealth of practical and onsite experience.
BBA also has a team that specializes in digital power systems (IEC 61850 standard). This team is composed of experts in protection, control, automation, telecommunications, and cybersecurity.
- Power system design
- Power system digitalization
- Connection to public utilities
- IEC 61850 lab testing
- Operator training
- Electrical classification of industrial facilities
FIELDS OF EXPERTISE
- Collector systems
- Protection and control systems
- Transmission and distribution systems
- Power system control, regulation and automation
- Off-grid systems
- Smart grids
- Active or passive compensation systems and filters
- Operating Industrial Electrical Networks Remotely
- The PRC-005-6 and TET-APE-N-0005 standards in Québec: ARE YOU READY?
- Strategic Asset Management Planning (SAMP) in Major Industrial Electrical Networks
- Is Your Control System Ground in Good Working Condition?
- Revisiting Electrical Energy Saving Initiatives for Industrial Facilities
START A PROJECT WITH BBA
Across the country, our experts can
help you tackle your greatest challenges.