COMMISSIONING AND FIELD SERVICES
Given the vast amounts that industrial companies invest in designing and building their facilities, the desire to get the most out of their assets for as long as possible comes as no surprise. Whether these businesses are dealing with new construction, facility improvements or corrective actions, their challenge remains the same: to preserve company assets and optimize overall productivity while ensuring worker safety.
Rigorous operational readiness and commissioning plans are crucial, and the ability to resolve problems in real time and in difficult conditions is essential. When every minute counts, teaming up with the right field services partner makes all the difference.
Your challenges are complex…
There’s nothing more satisfying than seeing new systems and equipment working together as expected. But in order to get there, you need to strategically plan your testing, commissioning and start-up activities as early as possible during the design phase. This will help you prevent worker injuries, eventual production losses and damage to your facilities.
Once your systems are up and running, you’ll have to remain vigilant, resolving deficiencies as quickly as possible without compromising your operations. Your plant’s productivity must be supported by a strategic maintenance plan, efficient corrective measures and continuous process optimization.
- Ensure worker safety
- Implement business systems and procedures required to start your operations
- Ensure adequate staffing for operations start-up
- Ensure safety compliance of work methods as well as lockout and tagout procedures
- Plan the duration and frequency of scheduled shutdowns
- Minimize risks of unplanned outages
- Perform cost-effective preventive maintenance on schedule
Our team can help!
For BBA’s field service experts, supporting clients from studies to operations is key, and the many operational readiness mandates we’ve completed have been rewarding challenges in their own right. Our goal is to facilitate a successful initial start, ensure sustained production increases and maintain optimal facility performance. Simply put, we aim for flawless operations—nothing less.
Every day, BBA engineers, technologists and electricians work in remote, hard-to-reach locations to perform a variety of tasks, including testing, commissioning, maintenance and emergency support services. Workers health and safety is extremely important to us and guide many of our day-to-day decisions and methods.
- Assistance to the client’s management team in the development of operational readiness and commissioning plans
- Verifications, testing and commissioning services
- Equipment energization and start-up
- Development of preventive maintenance plans
- Emergency response and repair
- Brownfield facility upgrades
- Training for operational and maintenance staff
FIELDS OF EXPERTISE
- Protection and control
- Process control
- Electrical apparatus
- The Key Elements to Field Testing Power Transformers
- Operational Readiness and Commissioning Plans: Setting up Effective Controls
- Operational Readiness and Commissioning Plans: the Key to a Successful Start
- Industry 4.0: The Design you Expect, Thanks to Virtual Reality
- The Benefits of Witnessing Electrical Factory Acceptance Tests (FATs)
NEW BBA VLOG :
OPTIMIZE PRODUCTION RAMP-UP THROUGH OPERATIONAL READINESS
With Nicolas Beauchamp, Manager – Commissioning and Operational Readiness at BBA
START A PROJECT WITH BBA
Across the country, our experts can
help you tackle your greatest challenges.