Transmission and Distribution
Canada is known as a worldwide leader and expert in power transmission and distribution. The biggest innovations in high voltage were designed here at home by pioneers in electrical engineering.
While our country’s power systems are the envy of many, they’re not forever-lasting. In fact, a growing number of owner-operators are facing the reality of aging assets. Ensuring that yesterday’s systems are equipped to meet tomorrow’s demands requires making smart technological choices for the long term.
Your challenges are complex…
Investing in a facility upgrade at the right time in order to maximize your return on assets without compromising the reliability of your system is no small feat.
However, it’s also an opportunity to benefit from the amazing potential of smart systems, and to improve your environmental profile by integrating green energy sources—such as wind or solar—into your power system.
- Accurately assess the state of your assets
- Provide power for new complex industrial facilities
- Extend the lifespan of your power systems without compromising their reliability
- Leverage digital technologies to optimize the management of your energy portfolio
Our team can help!
With 40 years of experience, our professionals have an unparalleled depth of expertise with transmission and distribution systems, and we keep current with all the latest innovations.
In fact, we have our own IEC 61850 lab, where our experts test the compatibility of new technologies with more traditional ones in order to come up with solutions that are best adapted to your needs.
- Specialized power system studies
- Design of stations, transmission lines and protection and control systems
- Transformers expertise
- Equipment and system testing and commissioning
- Optimization of existing power systems
- System digitalization and in-depth knowledge of the IEC 61850 standard and its application
START A PROJECT WITH BBA
Across the country, our experts can
help you tackle your greatest challenges.