Urbanization and the popularity of personal electronic devices are ramping up demand for base metals such as zinc, copper, nickel, cobalt and lead.
The abundance of Canada’s underground mineral resources is envied the world over. While some deposits are near the surface and can be extracted from an open-pit mine, others are located deeper underground, which increases mining costs.
The sheer size and complexity of certain metallurgical facilities, such as nickel plants, is one of many challenges faced by mine operators.
Your challenges are complex…
You need to accurately interpret the geological setting of the deposit you wish to extract so you can make strategic decisions. To boost efficiency and increase your metal recovery rate, you must optimize your pyrometallurgical and hydrometallurgical processes while improving your energy efficiency.
Managing tailings—specifically those that contain sulphites and acid generators—can also be a major challenge, not to mention the responsibility of handling these self-heating materials safely.
- Boost productivity and lower mining costs
- Increase your recovery rate
- Optimize treatment processes
- Manage sulphides and adopt appropriate mitigation measures
- Reduce your environmental footprint
- Improve energy efficiency
Our team can help!
Our team consists of geology and extractive metallurgy experts and specialized engineers. We support you by proposing cutting-edge pyrometallurgical and hydrometallurgical processes to help you streamline your operations.
Our experience covers every type of melting operation, from receiving and preparing raw materials to tapping and casting metal, as well as furnace slag and all related systems.
We’ve acquired a one-of-a-kind technology that’s used to test self-heating sulphide materials. This technology makes it possible to determine where there may be a risk of spontaneous heating, which can lead to fires and release toxic gases into the ore.
- Mineral resource and mineral reserve estimates and audits
- Front-end studies and consulting (from scoping to feasibility studies)
- Environmental and socio-econcomic impact studies
- National Instrument 43-101 technical reports
- Mining engineering (open-pit and underground)
- Metallurgical process design and flowsheet development
- Material handling and transport
- Pyrometallurgical process optimization and debottlenecking
- Hydrometallurgical process design (existing and novel technologies)
- Multi-disciplinary facility and plant design
- Design, assessment and optimization of power systems
- Automation, process control and telecommunications
- Water and tailings management
- Operations optimization and support
START A PROJECT WITH BBA
Across the country, our experts can
help you tackle your greatest challenges.