Refining, chemicals and petrochemicals
Canada has the third largest crude oil reserve in the world, most of which is accounted for by Alberta’s oil sands. This abundance of resources explains why major producers and refiners have chosen to set up camp in this country.
Key industry challenges are maintaining profit margins and optimizing the use of resources throughout the operating and transformation processes. On top of that, reducing GHG emissions is now an unavoidable imperative.
Your challenges are complex…
You want to get the most out of your investment without compromising the safety of workers or your assets. In addition to increasing your overall performance, you need to implement rigorous risk and loss management processes. Controlling hazards to prevent, mitigate and learn from incidents is key to your ongoing success.
- Meet the highest safety standards
- Prevent risk and losses
- Optimize your processes
- Lower your operating costs
- Maximize overall energy efficiency
- Reduce your greenhouse gas emissions
Our team can help!
Our experts know how to fully leverage your existing facilities and integrate new and innovative solutions. They can also boost system security, notably by performing operational safety studies, including incident investigations, and conducting a thorough revision of your operating guides. With the BBA team, you’ll have a reliable and optimal process design from the start.
In addition to its capabilities, BBA has helped connect many Canadian petrochemical plants to public utilities. Our advanced control experts excel in improving plant performance by providing sophisticated analysis services and proven strategies.
- Process simulation and design (heat and material balance, P&ID production, etc.)
- Specialized studies, including HAZOP risk analysis, QRA, PHA
- Efficiently integrated design
- Incident investigations
- SIL design
- Health, safety, security and environmental audits
- Advanced control and automation
- Revision of operating guides
- Energy consumption optimization
START A PROJECT WITH BBA
Across the country, our experts can
help you tackle your greatest challenges.